Every summer the Intercultural Center for the Studies of Deserts and Oceans (CEDO) organizes its traditional Wet Feet Ocean Camp with the goals of:
• Being in touch with American kids to offer them information about the Northern Gulf of California through knowledge that can apply to daily life in an environmentally friendly way.
• Offering kids a fun alternative for the summer, with games, field trips, contests, handcrafts, bonfires and more activities.
• Summer camp proceeds help to support CEDO’s conservation programs and to maintain its field station.
We are looking for volunteers who are interested in working on conservation activities and who love teaching and having fun with kids (participants are between 10 and 14 years old). If you have the skills listed below you are encouraged to apply to join us for the next Wet Feet Ocean Camp 2014.
• Be a biology student or have a general knowledge of marine biology.
• English speaker
• Experience working with kids
• Enjoy outdoors activities
• Cooking skills (would be nice, but not mandatory)
• Able to travel to Rocky Point (Puerto Peñasco, Sonora
• Able to stay in CEDO’s field station 5 to 10 days approx. in June, 2014.
Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org, your resume will be needed; we have only 4 openings.