viernes, 16 de marzo de 2012
GRANTS SPECIALIST I
The Nature Conservancy
JOB TITLE:GRANTS SPECIALIST I
• Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or business administration and 2 years related experience in pre- and post-award grants administration or equivalent combination.
• Experience, coursework, or other training with applicable U.S. Federal government circulars (OMB Circulars A-110, A-122 and A-133),
• Experience in Grants Accounting
• Experience in MS Office Applications, Word, Excel and Access.
• Experience using accounting and financial reporting systems.
The Grants Specialist I will be directly responsible for the administration of all aspects of a 5- year USAID Mexico REDD $37 Million dollar Cooperative Agreement.
,Preparation of annual budgets, set-up in central finance systems, preparation and submission of all invoices and financial reports to USAID, and maintenance of master agreement file. Works closely with project managers to ensure that the terms and conditions of the agreement are met and properly documented, and communicates directly with agency contracting officers to clarify or negotiate financial and administrative requirements.
The Grants Specialist I is also directly responsible for the administrative aspects of grants out to grantee organizations, including assistance with due diligence activities, preparation and revision of agreements, review of invoices and financial reports, and maintenance of grant files. Works directly with finance staff to clarify or negotiate financial and administrative requirements. Ensure that award monitoring meets TNC standards. The Grants Specialist I is the primary point of contact for local grantees on award administration issues and assists Operating Unit management with preparation of the work plan in response to internal grantee audits. The Grants Specialist I is responsible for tracking the resolution of action items detailed in audit response work plans.
The position will be based in Mexico City, Mexico and will support the Mexico and Northern Central America program.
• knowledge of applicable U.S. Federal government circulars such as OMB Circulars A-110, A-122 and A-133) and , USAID's Mandatory Standard Provisions for U.S. and Non-U.S. Non-governmental Recipients will be considered an asset.
• Non-profit accounting experience preferred.
• Superior organizational skills and attention to detail are a must
• Problem solving oriented
• Excellent verbal and written skills in both English and Spanish is required.
• The Grants Specialist I is always working in a close team environment . Being able to communicate needs and goals is a must. Work and communicate with a wide range of people in multiple locations in order to develop, negotiate, and/or implement programs and projects. Work in partnership with other organizations in a collaborative or advisory role.
• Demonstrate professional, positive, approachable attitude/demeanor and discretion.
To apply send cover letter and resume to:
www.nature.org/careers section Job Posting No 39295 or email@example.com
Last day to submit applications: March 19, 20912