Ph.D. & M.S. opportunities in odonate ecology
I am seeking 1-2 graduate students to join my lab who are interested in landscape & community ecology, particularly pertaining to the following topics:
· modeling potential climate and land-use change impacts on odonates
· ecomorphology of odonates
· modeling odonate (dragonfly/damselfly) metapopulations and/or metacommunities
Preference will be given to students with previous experience in these topics. For more information about research done in my lab, please check out my webpage
Prospective students will be funded (upon qualification) by a departmental Teaching Assistantship.
To apply, please send your Curriculum Vitae, which should include all of the following items:
· a statement about your research interests and how they are compatible with the kinds of research that I do
· a statement about your career goals
· a brief list of your academic and professional accomplishments (degrees, GPA, GRE scores, awards, fellowships, publications, grants, presentations at professional meetings, jobs, etc.)
· the names, addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses of 3 references
Application deadline: 15 December 2013.
Nancy McIntyre, Ph.D.
Department of Biological Sciences
Texas Tech University
Lubbock, TX 79409-3131 USA
806.742.2710 ext. 280
nancy.mcintyre @ ttu.edu