lunes, 23 de febrero de 2015
Research Scientist in Primate Behavior and Conservation - Colombia
Proyecto Tití seeks a highly motivated scientist to investigate the biology and conservation of the cotton-top tamarin (Saguinus oedipus) in Colombia. Proyecto Titi maintains the longest running conservation program for this species in Colombia and has a rich database of information on demography, behavior, feeding ecology, and reproductive biology. The successful candidate will work with Proyecto Titi’s field team based in Colombia and collaborators in the US and in the UK to examine factors influencing the long-term conservation of this species and specifically examining factors that influence group composition and stability, reproductive tenure and infant survival, feeding ecology and changes observed with varying weather patterns.. The primary role of the successful candidate will be to lead data analysis and manuscript preparation using multiple long-term datasets.
Primary duties are to:
▪ Work with project team to obtain, organize and prepare individual datasets for analysis.
▪ Conduct analyses that may include sophisticated spatial (GIS-based) and temporal analyses (e.g., time series) to examine linkages among data sets and identify the key factors influencing cotton-top tamarins survival.
▪ Work remotely with project team members as well as independently to accomplish projects.
• A Ph.D. in Psychology (Animal Behavior), Zoology, Anthropology, Conservation Biology with an expertise in primate behavior and conservation.
• Excellent statistical skills, and evidence of these in previous work and publications
• Fluent in Spanish
• Successful candidates must have a demonstrated record of publication in peer-reviewed journals.
• Effective communication and leadership skills as evidenced by leading multi-cultural teams with varying levels of expertise
• The successful candidate can work remotely with travel to Colombia as required by the project.
The position is for 1 year with the possibility of renewal based on successful completion of project assignments.
To learn more about Proyecto Titi visit our website at www.proyectotiti.com
Send a cover letter describing your interest in the position, a c.v., and 3 references (name, affiliation, address, email, and phone) that we may contact for additional information. Relevant publications may also be included in your application. Send application material to ProyectoTiti@aol.com