miércoles, 18 de agosto de 2010
Manager, Acquisitions - New Forests Pty Ltd- AUSTRALIA
New Forests seeks to appoint a dynamic investment professional to support the continued growth of our investment programs within the forestry, rural land and environment sector.
New Forests is a specialist forestry, environment and rural land investment management company, headquartered in Sydney, with offices in New Zealand, the USA and Malaysia. New Forests has an internationally diverse and sophisticated client base, and currently has assets under management in Australia, New Zealand, USA, the Pacific and Asia (www.newforests.com.au). New Forests has experienced sustained growth, resulting in this unique opportunity to undertake a challenging investment role.
The Manager, Acquisitions will work in a small team with the Director, Investment Programs. The role will be flexible depending on the skills and abilities of the applicant, but will generally be responsible for working with the Director in overseeing investment transactions on behalf of New Forests’ investment funds, primarily focussed on Australia and New Zealand. This typically includes contributing to investment model development, negotiation with counterparties, managing due diligence, coordinating legal reviews, preparing acquisition documentation, and reporting to investment clients and authorities as required.
Key Responsibilities of the Manager, Acquisitions:
• Working in a small team, undertake tasks supporting, or leading, transactions for New Forests’ investment funds. Key tasks may include: contributing to deal origination, contribute to financial model development, negotiations with counterparties, management of due diligence, reviewing legal documentation, and support of investment structuring.
• Work in close collaboration with the Resource Management Systems group to develop investment models and plan due diligence in support of the investment program.
• Work in close collaboration with Operations staff to ensure the smooth and efficient transfer of new acquisitions to operational management.
Key Attributes of the Manager, Acquisitions:
• Tertiary qualifications in Forestry, Business, Law and/or Environmental Sciences.
• MBA or equivalent would be desirable.
• Solid commercial skills or demonstrated business instincts highly desirable.
• General quantitative skills would also be highly desirable.
• Experience in investment management, preferably within the forestry, rural land or environment sector.
• Solid financial analysis skills, and/or knowledge of business and contract law.
• Strong personal motivation with ability to work in a small team, while drawing in company-wide resources as necessary.
• Detail oriented, but comfortable working with ambiguity and changing priorities.
• Able to operate effectively under pressure.
• Willingness to travel within Australasia.
About New Forests
New Forests manages investments in sustainable forestry and associated eco products, such as carbon, biodiversity and water, for institutional and private equity clients. The company is headquartered in Sydney, Australia, with offices in Washington, D.C., San Francisco and Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia. For more information, see www.newforests.com.au.
Please send résumé and cover letter to David Shelton, Director, Investment Programs before August 20th at: firstname.lastname@example.org or contact +61 2 9406 4104.