domingo, 24 de mayo de 2009

Voluntariado en Peru.

VOLUNTEERS - I am looking for volunteers to participate in my PhD thesis project on the highland of the Manu National Park, Peru. The project will cover altitudinal elevation between 800 and 3000m, and will take place during the avian breeding season between Aug and Dec 2009. This work involves behavioral observations, mistnetting, nest searching, and nest monitoring. We work 6 days a week, from 6 am - 5:30 pm, with occasional data entry and organization later in the evenings. After selecting volunteers I will randomly assign them to one of the stations (Wayquecha, San Pedro, Tono), therefore field condition are variable, please visit the station description to see specific details. Communication is limited at best, and field assistants can expect to be out of touch with most of the world for 2-3 weeks at a time. This work is most appropriate for people who are interested in pursuing a career in behavior and ecology, and who have previous field experience. Please keep in mind that a large number of people apply for these positions, and due to the remote nature of the field site I strongly prefer applicants with experience in mistnetting, nest searching, and living happily in uncomfortable conditions. I begin accepting applications for field assistant positions from Mar until the first week of May of each year: apply via email with (I) a coverletter explaining why you want this ( difficult) job, (II) a CV, and (III) names and email addresses of three recommenders familiar with your field skills. Unfortunately, I don't have money to pay salaries or transportation to Peru, but I will cover all the stations fees, food during the field season and transportation within the field sites. Please visit my web page (URL: http://www.flmnh.ufl.edu/ordwaylab/londono/andeanproject.html) for specific details about the project and field site. If you are interested send me all your information to (EM: galondo AT ufl.edu).